A successful move starts with a successful packing job. Proper packing paper, padding and boxing procedures are vital to protect your belongings.
Good to Go Moving offers a full range of packing and unpacking services. Trained professional packers are able to help you with as much or as little of the packing and unpacking as you need. We’d be happy to provide a free quote to eliminate your packing stress.
We also sell moving boxes and packing supplies.
Good to Go has been helping people pack up and move for years. If you’re going to pack yourself, here are some tips from our experts.
- Remember: the heavier the item, the smaller the box.
- Avoid mixing items from different rooms in the same box.
- Use wardrobe boxes to make closets easier to pack. Clothes in drawers can be placed in suitcases.
- Use small boxes for books. They get very heavy very fast.
- Never use newspaper to wrap fine china or other delicate items. It can stain.
- Always stack dishes upwards when packing.
- Pack important and sentimental documents separately to be easily accessible including: children’s health records, passports, family records, insurance information and photo albums.
- Don’t pack with food or supermarket boxes. You never know what little critter is hiding in there or if the box will be strong enough to support your possessions.
- Don’t use used boxes. You don’t know if the box will be strong enough to support your possessions.
- Never use duct tape – use packing tape.
- Clearly label all boxes on top and side.
- As you take apart furniture and other items make sure to tape all parts to the main base.
- Try to pack all electronic equipment, like stereos in their original boxes. Otherwise use bubble wrap when packing these items.
- Start packing items you will not need ahead of time.
- Always pack and unpack breakables over a padded surface.
- Always tape boxes. Don’t interlock the tops.
- Don’t use boxes without tops. No tops make it impossible to stack properly in the truck.
- Use custom-designed boxes when packing fine china and clothing.